The Nintendo Switch has been receiving quite a few firmware updates in the past 6 months, with the vast majority of them being rather small. That said, it has also been a couple of months since the last update had released. Well, that has changed.
Nintendo has released a new Nintendo Switch firmware update earlier tonight. Once you download the update, the console should be at version 14.0.0. This episode adds the ability to create folders, and some changes were made to Bluetooth audio volume behavior. The patch notes are down below.
“Groups” feature was added to the All Software menu.
- You can now create groups of software to help organize your software titles.
- Making groups for different game genres, developers, or whatever you’d like to organize by may make it easier to find the application you want.
- Up to 100 groups can be created with a max of 200 titles per group.
- The button to proceed to the “All Software” screen is displayed only when there are 13 or more software title icons on the system.
- For more information, see How to Create Groups of Software.
Bluetooth® Audio volume behavior was changed.
- You can now adjust the volume of Bluetooth audio devices using either the Nintendo Switch™ console or through volume control buttons on the Bluetooth audio device.
- The Bluetooth audio device must support AVRCP profiles for these changes to work.
- The volume displayed on the console will reflect the Bluetooth audio volume when using the device’s control buttons.
- The maximum volume output for some Bluetooth audio devices has been increased.
- When first connecting a device, volume will be reduced to avoid sudden loudness.
- For more information, see How to Pair and Manage Bluetooth Audio Devices.
Create folders just like the 3DS. Not bad Nintendo. Not bad.
“This episode adds the ability to create folders”
I never thought I’d see the day. It only took them 5 years to implement a very basic feature that the 3DS has had for well over a decade now.
…Regardless, I’m still very happy to see this at last.
The way you say episodes makes it sound like we’re side characters in a Nintendo like show, I guess that could be said for this news site though especially with all the stable jokes we made with the 3ds and switch on each of it’s update column btw your a reoccurring character 😏.
While I’m happy to finally have groups, I’m blown away that it took this long to get it. How does someone who is known for designing and creating such amazing games suck so bad at UI? Couldn’t we just have borrowed a couple of chests from Link? Or chests from Monster Hunter? How about Arceus?
Groups is good, but it’s a shame it doesn’t have smart groups, kinda like the App Library on iPhone.
Folders….folders, we finally have folders. Now I can organise my huge catalogue of games, Mario games, Zelda games, games I bought digitally in a sale that I don’t really play, etc,etc.
Smart folders at the home screen would’ve been nice.
These folders suck ass. Nintendo acts like they’re gonna open a hole in the fabric of existence if they copy some of Sony’s smarter ideas. Got to press a button 3 different times to get to the damn things. I’d rather have nothing at all than a half-ass attempt at something.